Vertigo is going same-day digital. Executive Editor Karen Berger announced today during the Vertigo panel at New York Comic Con that several Vertigo comic titles will be available digitally on the same day they are in print. The move follows the highly successful launch of same-day digital with DC COMICS-THE NEW 52.
“We’ve found digital to be a great way to bring in new audiences and I’m excited to introduce digital comic readers to these already very popular Vertigo titles,” stated Hank Kanalz, senior vice president of digital, DC Entertainment.
The digital and editorial teams worked together to find “jumping on” points in each comic’s storyline to make it easy for new readers to try out Vertigo comics. Accordingly, here’s a list of Vertigo titles that are going same-day digital and the dates they will begin offering digital versions:
· SWEET TOOTH starting with issue #26 available now
· SPACEMAN the new mini-series by Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso will launch with issue #1 on sale Oct. 26. This exciting new series featuring award-winning talent will be available for a special price of $.99 – a first for digital pricing that makes this series a “can’t miss” event.
· THE UNWRITTEN beginning with #31 on sale Nov. 9
· iZOMBIE beginning with issue #19 on sale Nov. 16
· THE UNWRITTEN .5 issues beginning with #31.5 on sale Nov. 23
· FABLES beginning with the special holiday issue #112 on sale Dec. 21
· AMERICAN VAMPIRE beginning with issue #22 on sale Dec. 28
· HELLBLAZER beginning with issue #287 on sale Jan. 18
Digital and print comics are available at the same price of $2.99. So head out to your favorite comic shop, visit read.dccomics.com, or download the DC Comics app and enjoy all the wonderful stories we have to offer.