When the Department of Homeland Security approaches Marine Biologist Lee Archer for help with a new threat, she finds herself plunged into the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oil rig known as the “Ghost Rig” with other scientists specializing in various biological fields. There, they discover something both miraculous and terrifying—a brand-new species that may just be the missing link…or a link to something even bigger. But when things go horribly wrong, and people begin to go missing, this scientific safe haven will turn into a house of horrors at the bottom of the ocean.
Multiple award-winning writer Scott Snyder (American Vampire) and artist Sean Murphy (Punk Rock Jesus) explore the horrors of the deep, probe the origins of human history and leap far beyond to a frightening future.
IN THIS SERIES
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #10On Sale 6/252014-06-25 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #9On Sale 5/282014-05-28 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #8On Sale 4/302014-04-30 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #7Available Now2014-03-26 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #6Available Now2014-02-26 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE PART ONE #1Available Now2013-12-18 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #5Available Now2013-11-20 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #4Available Now2013-09-25 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE DIRECTOR’S CUT #1Available Now2013-08-28 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #3Available Now2013-07-31 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #2Available Now2013-06-26 00:00:00
- cComic BookTHE WAKE #1Available Now2013-05-29 00:00:00
THE WAKE #10
The series Buzzfeed called “the best horror comic of the year” and Comics Alliance rated “most unpredictable” and “uncanny and uncategorizable” comes to a shocking conclusion.
Three Things We Know About The Wake
After a brief hiatus, Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy’s creepy cool Vertigo series The Wake continues today with THE WAKE #6. Now, if you’re reading this post on DCComics.com (or even if you’ve come across it on VertigoComics.com), there’s a fair chance you haven’t been picking this one up. And that’s a shame because it’s amazing. For a sci-fi/horror book, this tale asks some big questions and seems to span a considerable length of time (we’re talking millennia). There’s quite a lot we still don’t know about this sci-fi tale, however, here are a few things that we do…
THE WAKE #8
They say don’t go in the ocean. There are monsters out there. Terrible secrets in the deep.
THE WAKE #6
“My name is Leeward, and this is where my story begins...”
DC All Access - Bonus Clip - The Wake Returns!
In this exclusive bonus clip from DC All Access, Tiffany talks to Sean Murphy about the return of The Wake, his thrilling Vertigo collaboration with Scott Snyder. What changes can we expect from the second half of the series? Answers await!
Visit DCComics.com or subscribe to DC Comics on...
THE WAKE #9
A post-apocalyptic USA only partially above sea level, a country overrun by corrupt leaders fearful of horrific mermaids, a voice dredged up from the deep, dark past – how will all t
THE WAKE #7
Two hundred years in the future, things are not looking good for the human race. But a mysterious call from the deep could change everything.
THE WAKE PART ONE #1
The first five issues of the acclaimed new Vertigo series THE WAKE are all collected in this new special!